Based in Minas Gerais, Brazil
October 2nd, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
Brazilian game designer Mark Venturelli is Rogue Snail, a one-man studio that includes several collaborators from around the world. Mark is responsible for co-founding Critical Studio, creating charity event Super BR Jam, and designing games such as Chroma Squad, Relic Hunters Zero, Dungeonland and Star Vikings.
Mark’s first real shot at this weird “professional game development” thing was Dungeonland. Together with 4 friends he founded Critical Studio, and 3 years later the game was being released on Steam. It was far from perfect (no first game ever is, right?), but it was a huge deal for the Brazilian game’s industry. To date, it’s still the only Brazilian game to ever make it into Steam’s Top 10 best-selling list (it actually got as far as #3).After that
After Critical Studio’s closure, Mark has created Rogue Snail and worked as a game designer on games such as Chroma Squad (freelancing for Behold Studios) and Relic Hunters Zero (released as a free an open source game on Steam in 2015). In 2013 Mark also created the charity event Super BR Jam, which got together over 25 studios from Brazil and the world to raise funds for a school for poor children in Rio. The event should come back for a second edition in 2017. Mark is currently working on finishing Star Vikings for a Summer-2016 release, and is already cooking a mysterious unannounced game...
Relic Hunters Launch Trailer YouTube
Chroma Squad Launch Trailer YouTube
Star Vikings Greenlight Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Rogue Snail, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Rogue Snail. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Game of The Year" - Brazil's Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2015 (Chroma Squad)
- "Best Sound" - Brazil's Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2015 (Chroma Squad)
- "Best Design (Runner-Up)" - Brazil's Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2015 (Chroma Squad)
- "Best Entertainment Game" - BNDES Award, BiG Festival 2015 (Relic Hunters Zero)
- "Best Design (Runner-Up)" - Brazil's Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2013 (Dungeonland)
- "Best Art" - Brazil's Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2013 (Dungeonland)
- "Best Sound" - Brazil's Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2013 (Dungeonland)
- "1st Place" - Microsoft XNA Challenge III, 2008 (H.I.V.E.)